Government / Taxes: Contra Costa County Resources

Find answers to county and local government questions.

Emergency Services

Sheriff's Emergency Services

  • Emerg: 911
  • Emerg cell phone: (925)228-8282 or (925)973-2779
  • Non-emerg: (925)646-2441

Fire - CC Fire Protection District

  • Emerg: 911 
  • Emerg cell phone: (925) 933-1313
  • Non-emerg: (925) 941-3300

Mosquito and Vector Control District

Emergency Alerts

Community Warning System

Inmates - Custody - Records

Inmate Info: 
Someone in Custody?

Call (925) 646-4496 for info, 24/7

Inmate Custody Status
Lookup & Release Notification

Records Unit - Sheriff's Dept.


Warrent for arrest?

Superior Court Clerk - Criminal


Inmate Privileges

(mail, commissary, depositing money, visiting)

Global Tel*Link

Customer service - 866-230-7761
website: /

Telephone service for inmates of state, county, and local correctional facilities. Inmates can call their families and friends by making collect calls or prepaid calls.

Inmate Mail

Sheriff, Crime Reports, DA, Public Defender

Online Crime Reporting View crime reports in your neighborhood  

The incident must have occured within the CCC Sheriff's Office jurisdiction (unincorporated CCC), or within one of the following contract cities: Lafayette, Oakley, Danville, or Orinda.

Otherwise report to the police department for the city where the incident took place.

Warrants:  Sheriff's Office does not provide warrant information to the public. Contact the court of jurisdiction, or your local law enforcement agency.

Sheriff's Dept.

District Attorney's Office - 925-957-2200

  • Victim Witness Assistance Center: (Central/East) 925-957-8650; (West) 510-374-3272

Public Defender's Office - 925.335.8000

Criminal Records - Request your own
(CA) State Dept. of Justice 916-227-3400

Cleaning your Criminal Record

Expunging Criminal Records: contact the Public Defender's office.  More info online from Sacramento county law library / and from CA Courts

Licensed DUI Programs

Identity Theft Victim Checklist (from CA State Dept. of Justice)



Clerk of the Board

Liability Claims Manager, Risk Management - 925.335.1456

County Jobs

Search for Jobs

Request Job site support

Please use the form above  to describe the NeoGov JobSite support request or call directly (877) 204-4442 or email

Online Tools


Apply for Benefits: 
Cash aid, Food Assistance (CalFresh), Medi-Cal (800-709-8348).

Apply online at or call 925-602-9379 / info line  1-(877) 505-4630.

Apply in person:
Antioch: 4545 Delta Fair Blvd. (925) 706-4980
Brentwood: Sand Creek Rd., Suite A, Building 6 (925) 513-3720
Pleasant Hill: 400 Ellinwood Way (925) 602-9379
Richmond: 1305 Macdonald Ave. (510) 412-3280
Hercules: 11 Linus Pauling Dr. (510) 262-7709

If Immediate Need is required, the applicant can apply for Immediate Need cash aid at the Employment & Human Services Department offices located above.

  • EBT  If your card lost or stolen call 1-877-328-9677.

Treasurer & Tax Collector

Pay Property Taxes

Payment history


 If you have not received an exemption application, call (925) 313-7481 for an application.


Business property tax info - call (925) 313-7600

571-L - Click here to e-file Business Property Statements

Permits, Building, Property, Zoning, Codes

Permit Center / Building Inspection (925) 674-7200

Records Research Requests - building plans - (925) 674-7213

Planning Division / Zoning (925) 674-7205

Building Code - Regulations, Zoning / Land Use or call (925) 674-7200

Building Code Interpretation Hotline - (925) 674-7237

Code Enforcement - Violations - Complaint form - (925) 674-7210

Environmental Health Permits (Food Facilities, Pools, Waste Facilities)

Conservation Programs - Waste, Recycling and Climate Protection

Home Occupation application (zoning)

Animal Services, Animal Control

Pet Licensing Lost & Found Pets Animal Adoptions
Spay / Neuter Clinic Microchipping Dog Obedience Classes  (5 week @ Martinez Shelter)

Emergencies - Animal Control- 925-335-8300 - 24 hr.
Closed: Sunday & Monday. When closed contact Sheriff's dispatch for Animal Control: 925-646-2441

Martinez Shelter: 925-335-8300
Pinole Shelter: 510-374-3966

Animal Services Non-Emergency Request for Services online: use this form


County Foreclosures (Source: Foreclosure Prevention Assistance
California Foreclosure Laws ( A Homeowner's Guide to Foreclosure in California  (CA Dept. of Real Estate)
Foreclosure Eviction Process in CA


Contra Costa Foreclosure Lists 


** NEWS **  As of June 2, 2014, foreclosure sales will no longer be conducted on courthouse groundsRead Press Release

Contra Costa County Library (Antioch & Pleasant Hill) receive foreclosure lists twice weekly in the Contra Costa News Register

Please contact Clerk Recorder's Office for Request for Notice of Default.

Search the County Site!

search Contra Costa County website

Property, Assessor

(925) 313-7400 
View Your Taxbill

Maps & Property Info:

Frequently Asked Questions  Official Forms 2013-2014 Request for Property Value (Prop 8)

Owner Name: Call 925.313-7400. Clerks will give out 5 owner names over the phone for free, after that they will start charging. If taxpayer doesn't know the APNs and searching by address isn't returning results, the clerk will transfer the call to Drafing/Mapping to find the parcel: 313-7435

Assessment Appeals   (925) 335-1901

When can I appeal my assessed value?

Under State law, if the January 1 market value of your property falls below the assessed or taxable value as shown on the tax bill issued in the same year, the Assessor's Office is required to lower the assessment. Appeals may be filed between July 2 and November 30 for the annual roll. Appeal forms can be obtained from and are filed with the Clerk of the Board.

Birth, Marriage, Death Certificate

Clerk / Recorder's Office   (925) 335-7900 Hours:8-4:30 Mon-Fri

To Correct/Amend Vital Records - CA Dept of Public Health
For Divorce Records, contact Court Records in person or by mail.

Recorded Documents, Liens, Deeds, etc.

Order a copy of a recorded document online 
(925) 335-7900
Liens & Releases


Deeds - Sacramento County Public Law Library (includes grant and quitclaim deed forms)

Superior Court

Courthouse locations Case Files and Records
Court Forms and Forms Packets (Superior Court) Court Forms (Contra Costa Public Law Library)

Traffic Citations

Traffic Citation Payments
Traffic Court Contra Costa County Traffic Schools
Traffic & Ticket Basics
Frequently Asked Questions 
Clerk's Offices - Traffic Court (see offices below)

 Parking Citations: 925-953-8189

Citation Processing Center
 P.O. Box 22814
 Denver, CO. 80222-2814


Legal Assistance - Legal Self-Help

Public Works

Main info line: 925-313-2000

Traffic volume, Transportation Engineering 925-313-2187. Also can contact Public Works depts for Cities

Road Maintenance - 925-313-7000

Permits - Application & Permit Center - 925-674-7200

Home Improvements - Energy Assistance

Neighborhood Preservation Program
Provides loans to low and moderate-income persons to improve their homes by correcting health and safety problems and improving livability.

Energy Assistance
Designed to help low-income people cope with the financial burden of high energy bills. These programs include the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program's (LIHEAP) Housing and Energy Assistance and Weatherization programs, and the Department of Energy (DOE) Weatherization program.

PG&E's Energy Savings Assistance Program

PG&E Rebate Programs

Water Conservation Rebates
Rebates for high-efficiency washing machine, water-efficient landscaping,high-efficiency toilet, and smart sprinkler timer.