Contra Costa County's first Insiders Program began at Antioch Library in 2007. The Insiders Program was developed to encourage adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities to feel comfortable navigating the library, using available resources, and communicating with Library staff. As a result of the success and necessity of the program, the Insiders Program has spread to other Contra Costa County library locations.
- Antioch Library - The Library provides programs twice a month for the Tuesday Club. Scheduled with ARC Inroads - a community-based program for adults with developmental disabilities.
Concord Library - Second Wednesday of each month is All Ears Reading - Insiders: In partnership with ARF, adults are able to practice their reading skills by reading to dogs. Fourth Wednesday of each month is the Wednesday Club - Insiders: Our new club plans on a variety of activities and guest speakers.
- Danville Library - Meets most second & fourth Thursdays of the month at 10:30 am. Arts and crafts activities, special presentations, and social interaction.
- Dougherty Station Library - Meets on the second Friday of each month from 1pm to 2pm. Programs include crafts, games, technology programs, guest speakers and other activities. If you are interested in attending these programs please call Dougherty Station Library at 925-973-3380.
- Hercules Library - Meets once a month on Thursdays. This group is just forming with many upcoming programs planned. Scheduled with Pathway to Choices, RESSuccess, The Transition Program at WCCUSD, Cole Vocational Services, Guardian Adult Day Health Center, and The George Miller Center.
- Lafayette Library and Learning Center - Meets most second Mondays of the month at 1:15 p.m. Arts and crafts activities, games, special presentations, movies, and social interaction. If you are interested in attending or have any questions, please contact Chris Gray at email@example.com.
- Walnut Creek Library - Meets the second Monday of every month unless a special program is planned. Programs include crafts, games, scavenger hunts, technology programs, and movie days.