Gov Guide Menu: What Are You Looking For?
- Benefits: Medi-Cal, Foodstamps, EBT
- Assessor, Property info,
- Property Lookup
- Tax Bill
- Building, Permits, Codes, Zoning
- Birth, Marriage, Death
- Deeds, Liens, Public Records
- Inmate Info
- Sheriff - Crime Reports
- Legal Topics
- Business License - Fictitious Business Name
- Courts, Clerks
- Traffic Citations
- County Directory
- Seniors, Youth, Child Welfare
- Property Lookup
- Elected Officials
- Home Improvements - Assistance
Seniors, Youth, Children
Seniors - Aging and Adult Services Adult Protective Services,Information and Assistance, In-Home Supportive Services, Resources
|Reporting Suspected Child Abuse - Phone|
|Reporting Suspected Elder Abuse - Phone|
RYSE Center RYSE is a learning organization for youth, staff and collaborative partners.
- Emerg: 911
- Emerg cell phone: (925)228-8282 or (925)973-2779
- Non-emerg: (925)646-2441
- Emerg: 911
- Emerg cell phone: (925) 933-1313
- Non-emerg: (925) 941-3300
Liability Claims Manager, Risk Management - 925.335.1456
BENEFITS: Medi-Cal, CalFresh, EBT, Foodstamps ...
EHS Rights & Responsibilities Video
Save time at county offices during the process of obtaining benefits by viewing this 35 minute video at a time that works best for you.
EBT Project If your card lost or stolen call 1-877-328-9677.
Community Services (Child Care, Disabilities, LIHEAP, Head Start, etc.)
- Benefits - online forms (Employment & Human Services)
- 211 Contra Costa Crisis Center searchable database of local services
- 211 Contra Costa Crisis Center ONLINE CHAT
- Aging & Adult Services: Guide to Resources
- Contra Costa Senior Legal Services
- PG&E's Energy Savings Assistance Program
- Home Energy Programs - Residential Incentives
- IHSS - In Home Support Services - 500 Ellinwood Way, Suite 110 Pleasant Hill, CA 1-800-333-1081 or 925-363-3680
- IHSS - How to complete timesheets.
- IHSS Payroll: 1-877-335-2171 or 925-335-8760.
IHSS Admin: 2530 Arnold Dr Ste 300, Martinez 925-335-8830
- Alcohol & Other Drug Services
Treasurer & Tax Collector
|Tax Payment options||FAQ - Help With Taxes|
- When are tax bills mailed out?
- Tax Rate Area Lookup, Details
- Tax Rate Area % Allocations
- Taxes - New Owner Info
- Estimate Supplemental Taxes
- Tax Collector's Annual Public Auction
- Special Tax Levies and Assessment phone numbers
- Homeowners Exemption
New property owners will receive an exemption application enclosed with their notice of supplemental assessment, approximately 90 to 120 days after the deed is recorded. If you have not received an application, call (925) 313-7481 for an application.
Business property tax info - call (925) 313-7600
Permits, Building, Property, Zoning, Codes
Permit Center / Zoning information (925) 674-7200
Application for Permit (and other forms)
Planning Division (925) 674-7205
Contra Costa County Code - Health & Safety, Building Regulations, Zoning / Land Use
Code Enforcement - Violations - Complaint form - (925) 674-7210
Environmental Health Permits (Food Facilities, Pools, Waste Facilities)
Conservation Programs - Waste, Recycling and Climate Protection
|Pet Licensing||Lost & Found Pets||Animal Adoptions|
|Spay / Neuter Clinic||Microchipping||Dog Obedience Classes (5 week @ Martinez Shelter)|
Emergencies - Animal Control- 925-335-8300
Closed: Sunday & Monday. When closed contact Sheriff's dispatch for Animal Control: 925-646-2441
Martinez Shelter: 925-335-8300
Pinole Shelter: 510-374-3966
Report Animal Control non-emergencies / complaints online, use this form
Inmates - Custody - Records Unit
Call (925) 646-4496 for info, 24/7
Warrent for arrest?
Superior Court Clerk - Criminal
(mail, commissary, depositing money, visiting)
Sheriff, Crime Reports, District Attorney, Public Defender
|Online Crime Reporting||View crime reports in your neighborhood|
- Dispatch: 925-646-2441 (for non-emergencies)
- Civil Unit - Ph: (925) 313-4200
- Records Unit - Ph: (925) 335-1570
- Live Scan (Fingerprinting) (925) 957-7100
- Coroner (925) 313-2850 (1960 Muir Road, Martinez)
- Abandoned vehicles on public streets, highways and private roads should be reported to the Sheriffs Department.
- Abandoned vehicles on private property should be reported to Code Enforcement (925) 674-7210 or Toll Free at (877) 646-8314.
District Attorney's Office - 925-957-2200
- Victim Witness Assistance Center: (Central/East) 925-957-8650; (West) 510-374-3272
Public Defender's Office - 925.335.8000
|County Foreclosures (Source: foreclosure.com)||Foreclosure Prevention Assistance|
|California Foreclosure Laws (foreclosure.com)||A Homeowner's Guide to Foreclosure in California (CA Dept. of Real Estate)|
|Foreclosure Eviction Process in CA|
Foreclosure lists are posted at the Martinez Courthouse.Contra Costa County Library (Antioch & Pleasant Hill) receive foreclosure lists twice weekly in the Contra Costa News Register.
Please contact Clerk Recorder's Office for Request for Notice of Default.
Search the County Site!
Pick a Topic!
Assessor, Property Assessment & Ownership
|View Your Taxbill|
|Frequently Asked Questions||Official Forms||2013-2014 Request for Property Value (Prop 8)
Assessment Appeals (925) 335-1901
When can I appeal my assessed value?
Under State law, if the January 1 market value of your property falls below the assessed or taxable value as shown on the tax bill issued in the same year, the Assessor's Office is required to lower the assessment. Appeals may be filed between July 2 and November 30 for the annual roll. Appeal forms can be obtained from and are filed with the Clerk of the Board.
Birth, Marriage, Death Certificate, Official Records
Recorded Documents, Liens, Deeds, etc.
|Click here to obtain a copy of a recorded document online|
Contact - Contra Costa Clerk
|Liens & Releases|
Deeds - Sacramento County Public Law Library (includes grant and quitclaim deed forms)
|Courthouse locations||Case Files and Records|
|Court Forms and Forms Packets (Superior Court)||Court Forms (Contra Costa Public Law Library)|
- Main Number - (925) 646-4099
- To speak to Court Records Clerk: press 1 (for english). Wait for menu options then 6, 2, 0.
- Active cases: go to the courthouse where the case is being heard
- Closed cases: go to 1111 Ward Street, Martinez
- See County Directory for more Court phone #s. (scroll down to SUPERIOR COURT OF CALIFORNIA)
- Online case information
- Changing Your Court Date
- Ask a law librarian (chat)
- Court Collections - Payment options
|Traffic Citation Payments
||Traffic Court||Contra Costa County Traffic Schools|
|Traffic & Ticket Basics
||Frequently Asked Questions
||Clerk's Offices - Traffic Court (see offices below)|
Parking Citations: 925-953-8189
Citation Processing Center
Legal Assistance - Legal Self-Help
California Court FormsTenants - Landlord Divorce Child Support Name Change Deeds, ID Theft Registry Restraining Orders Domestic Violence Restraining Order Jury Service Small Claims Legal Guides and Step-by-Step
Help with court cases:
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Domestic Violence
- Small Claims
- Find a lawyer
Main info line: 925-313-2000
Traffic volume, Transportation Engineering 925-313-2187. Also can contact Public Works depts for Cities
Road Maintenance - 925-313-7000
Permits - Application & Permit Center - 925-674-7200
Home Improvements - Assistance
Neighborhood Preservation Program
Provides loans to low and moderate-income persons to improve their homes by correcting health and safety problems and improving livability.
Designed to help low-income people cope with the financial burden of high energy bills. These programs include the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program's (LIHEAP) Housing and Energy Assistance and Weatherization programs, and the Department of Energy (DOE) Weatherization program.
Water Conservation Rebates
Rebates for high-efficiency washing machine, water-efficient landscaping,high-efficiency toilet, and smart sprinkler timer.