Menu: What Are You Looking For?
- County Phone Directory (PDF version)
- Benefits: Medi-Cal, Foodstamps, EBT
- Property info,
- Tax Bill
- Building Permits, Codes, Zoning
- Birth, Marriage, Death
- Deeds, Liens
- Inmate Info
- Sheriff - Crime Reports
- Legal Topics
- Business License - Fictitious Business Name
- Court Records
- Traffic Citations
- Seniors, Youth, Child Welfare
- Elected Officials
- Home Improvements Assistance
Seniors, Youth, Children
|Reporting Suspected Child Abuse - Phone|
|Reporting Suspected Elder Abuse - Phone|
RYSE Center RYSE is a learning organization for youth, staff and collaborative partners.
- Emerg: 911
- Emerg cell phone: (925)228-8282 or (925)973-2779
- Non-emerg: (925)646-2441
- Emerg: 911
- Emerg cell phone: (925) 933-1313
- Non-emerg: (925) 941-3300
Liability Claims Manager, Risk Management - 925.335.1456
Contra Costa County Online Tools
BENEFITS: Medi-Cal, CalFresh, EBT, Foodstamps ...
- EBT Project If your card lost or stolen call 1-877-328-9677.
- Benefits - online forms (Employment & Human Services)
- 211 Contra Costa Crisis Center searchable database of local services
- Aging & Adult Services: Guide to Resources
- Senior Legal Services
- PG&E's Energy Savings Assistance Program
- Home Energy Assistance
- IHSS - In Home Support Services
- To Apply: East County - (925) 522-7673 | West - (510) 231-8299 | Central - (925) 363-3677
- To reach your worker: East - (925) 522-7665 | West - (510) 231-8296 | Central - (925) 363-3680
- For Caregivers - IHSS Payroll: (877) 335-2171 | How to complete timesheets.
Treasurer & Tax Collector
- When are tax bills mailed out?
- Tax Rate Area Lookup, Details
- Tax Rate Area % Allocations
- Taxes - New Owner Info
- Estimate Supplemental Taxes
- Tax Collector's Annual Public Auction
- Special Tax Levies and Assessment phone numbers
- Tax relief for disabled veterans
- Homeowners Exemption
If you have not received an exemption application, call (925) 313-7481 for an application.
Business property tax info - call (925) 313-7600
Permits, Building, Property, Zoning, Codes
Building Code - Regulations, Zoning / Land Use or call (925) 674-7200
Building Code Interpretation Hotline - (925) 674-7237
Code Enforcement - Violations - Complaint form - (925) 674-7210
Environmental Health Permits (Food Facilities, Pools, Waste Facilities)
Conservation Programs - Waste, Recycling and Climate Protection
|Pet Licensing||Lost & Found Pets||Animal Adoptions|
|Spay / Neuter Clinic||Microchipping||Dog Obedience Classes (5 week @ Martinez Shelter)|
Emergencies - Animal Control- 925-335-8300
Closed: Sunday & Monday. When closed contact Sheriff's dispatch for Animal Control: 925-646-2441
Martinez Shelter: 925-335-8300
Pinole Shelter: 510-374-3966
Animal Services Non-Emergency Request for Services online: use this form
Inmates - Custody - Records Unit
Call (925) 646-4496 for info, 24/7
Warrent for arrest?
Superior Court Clerk - Criminal
(mail, commissary, depositing money, visiting)
Sheriff, Crime Reports, District Attorney, Public Defender
|Online Crime Reporting||View crime reports in your neighborhood|
- Dispatch: 925-646-2441 (for non-emergencies)
- Civil Unit - Ph: (925) 313-4200
- Records Unit - Ph: (925) 335-1570
- Live Scan (Fingerprinting) (925) 957-7100
- Coroner (925) 313-2850 (1960 Muir Road, Martinez)
- Abandoned vehicles on public streets, highways and private roads should be reported to the Sheriffs Department.
- Abandoned vehicles on private property should be reported to Code Enforcement (925) 674-7210 or Toll Free at (877) 646-8314.
- Concealed Weapons Permit (CCW) - Contact Sheriff's Administrative Services Division 925-335-1500.
- CA Dept. of Justice Bureau of Firearms Standard Initial and Renewal Application for License to Carry a Concealed Weapon
District Attorney's Office - 925-957-2200
- Victim Witness Assistance Center: (Central/East) 925-957-8650; (West) 510-374-3272
Public Defender's Office - 925.335.8000
Identity Theft Victim Checklist (from CA State Dept. of Justice)
|County Foreclosures (Source: foreclosure.com)||Foreclosure Prevention Assistance|
|California Foreclosure Laws (foreclosure.com)||A Homeowner's Guide to Foreclosure in California (CA Dept. of Real Estate)|
|Foreclosure Eviction Process in CA|
Foreclosure lists are posted at the Martinez Courthouse.Contra Costa County Library (Antioch & Pleasant Hill) receive foreclosure lists twice weekly in the Contra Costa News Register.
Please contact Clerk Recorder's Office for Request for Notice of Default.
Search the County Site!
Pick a Topic!
Assessor, Property Assessment & Ownership
|View Your Taxbill|
|Frequently Asked Questions||Official Forms||2013-2014 Request for Property Value (Prop 8)
Assessment Appeals (925) 335-1901
When can I appeal my assessed value?
Under State law, if the January 1 market value of your property falls below the assessed or taxable value as shown on the tax bill issued in the same year, the Assessor's Office is required to lower the assessment. Appeals may be filed between July 2 and November 30 for the annual roll. Appeal forms can be obtained from and are filed with the Clerk of the Board.
Birth, Marriage, Death Certificate, Official Records
Recorded Documents, Liens, Deeds, etc.
|Click here to obtain a copy of a recorded document online|
|Liens & Releases|
Deeds - Sacramento County Public Law Library (includes grant and quitclaim deed forms)
|Courthouse locations||Case Files and Records|
|Court Forms and Forms Packets (Superior Court)||Court Forms (Contra Costa Public Law Library)|
- Main Number - (925) 646-4099
- To speak to Court Records Clerk: press 1 (for english). Wait for menu options then 6, 2, 0.
- Active cases: go to the courthouse where the case is being heard
- Closed cases: go to 1111 Ward Street, Martinez
- See County Directory for more Court phone #s. (scroll down to SUPERIOR COURT OF CALIFORNIA)
- Online case information
- Changing Your Court Date
- Ask a law librarian (chat)
- Court Collections - Payment options
|Traffic Citation Payments
||Traffic Court||Contra Costa County Traffic Schools|
|Traffic & Ticket Basics
||Frequently Asked Questions
||Clerk's Offices - Traffic Court (see offices below)|
Parking Citations: 925-953-8189
Citation Processing Center
Legal Assistance - Legal Self-Help
California Court FormsTenants - Landlord Divorce Child Support Name Change Deeds, ID Theft Registry Restraining Orders Domestic Violence Restraining Order Jury Service Small Claims Forms and Instructions
Help with court cases:
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
- Domestic Violence
- Small Claims
- Find a lawyer
Main info line: 925-313-2000
Traffic volume, Transportation Engineering 925-313-2187. Also can contact Public Works depts for Cities
Road Maintenance - 925-313-7000
Permits - Application & Permit Center - 925-674-7200
Home Improvements - Assistance
Neighborhood Preservation Program
Provides loans to low and moderate-income persons to improve their homes by correcting health and safety problems and improving livability.
Designed to help low-income people cope with the financial burden of high energy bills. These programs include the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program's (LIHEAP) Housing and Energy Assistance and Weatherization programs, and the Department of Energy (DOE) Weatherization program.
Water Conservation Rebates
Rebates for high-efficiency washing machine, water-efficient landscaping,high-efficiency toilet, and smart sprinkler timer.