|Go Fetch!||LOGIN or SIGN UP|
Who's it for?
After you’ve completed your Summer Reading log and collected your prizes, join us online for more reading fun. Create an account and track the extra hours you read, and then print your certificate at the end of the Summer. There are no prizes for Go Fetch!, but you’ll be part of Contra Costa County Library’s effort to read a record number of hours in 2014!
The Tri Delta Transit and WestCat will be working together with the Contra Costa County Library this summer to bring you information on buses, local, express, route information and more! Check out the Summer Youth Pass for 2014! Passes go on sale May 12th! Look for flyers and bookmarks at your local library.
1. Read a favorite book for a second or even third time.
2. Listen to an audio book and follow along in that book at the same time.
3. Identify objects that are in a book you're reading together.
4. Check out and read a downloaded library e-book.
5. Clap along to the rhythm in a rhyming book and have everyone join you.
6. Point to pictures in a book and talk about them. ("Look at that funny cat!")
7. Discuss the story in a book you've read together. ("Why do you think the cat jumped in the water?")
8. Sit or cuddle together while reading aloud. If in a wheelchair or special chair, sit close enough so everyone can see the pictures and hear you read.
9. Choose a book with raised surfaces and textures that can be touched.
10. Use simple sign language as you read.
11. Visit the library.
12. Ask the Librarian a question.
13. Sign up for a library card.
14. Tell simple stories.
15. Tell each other stories and then write them down.