Need a Tax Form?
The IRS is no longer sending forms in the mail and post offices no longer carry any tax forms.
Most Contra Costa County Libraries will receive basic California tax forms, but no federal forms.
Library patrons can use library computers to print out state and federal tax forms ($.10 per page). If you plan to file online using a library computer, you may wish to reserve a 1 hour computer terminal to provide ample time to input your information.
Ordering IRS Forms:
- Phone 1-800-829-3676
- Online Information
Federal Tax Forms:
California Tax Forms:
Tax - Online Resources
CA - Tax Information
California State Tax Assistance
Call Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., except state holidays.
- 800.338.0505 For automated forms request and refund information
- 800.852.5711 (inside the U.S.) For live State FTB assistance or state tax forms
- 916.845.6500 (outside the U.S.)
- People with hearing impairments may call 1-800-822-6268 (TTY/TDD)
Local FTB Tax Offices:
State Tax Agencies:
Questions & Answers
Books at the Library
TAX Filing - Extensions
Need Tax Assistance?
IRS Resources for the Unemployed
More Federal Tax Information
Federal Income Tax Assistance
- For live IRS assistance call: 1-800-829-1040 (M-F, 7 AM - 10 PM)
- Ordering IRS tax forms and publications, call: 1-800-829-3676
- People with hearing impairments may call: 1-800-829-4059 (TTY/TDD)
Local IRS Tax Offices:
Internal Revenue Services offices are open Monday to Friday, 8:30 AM – 4:30 PM
- The Federal Tax Map is a comprehensive guide to tax information, searchable by keyword or subject. The site includes answers to frequently asked questions.
For additional Information about taxes for small businesses, see the Taxes section of our Business Guide.